Councils are calling for residents and businesses of the Northern Beaches and Mosman to stand up and voice their support for better public transport at a public forum being held on the planned Bus Rapid Transit system (BRT).
The Northern Beaches Bus Rapid Transit Forum will be held in Dee Why on 30 January 2013. It will be hosted by local MPs The Hon. Mike Baird MP and The Hon. Brad Hazzard MP and will feature presentations from Transport for NSW, Infrastructure NSW and SHOROC on options and proposals for this region.
The community is invited to attend to find out more and have their say on the transport options and solutions for our area.
“Traffic and transport have for many years been the number one issue for our residents and business and we have been working long and hard to get the problems fixed,” said SHOROC President and Warringah Mayor Michael Regan.
Encouragingly the NSW Government has identified a BRT is feasible for the region, has included a Northern Beaches BRT in the NSW Long Term Transport Master Plan and Infrastructure NSW included a ’Northern Beaches Link’ in its State Infrastructure Strategy.
“These are encouraging signs, but we need commitment to short term action. Our region’s transport woes remain a major issue and we’ll all be reminded just how bad it is when traffic congestion returns to its peak when school resumes next week.”
“SHOROC has put together a practical package of measures for the coming years to fix the transport system based on the options identified by the NSW Government, together with a plan of action to get things moving,” said Mayor Regan.
“Let’s get on with the job of fixing it.”
“We strongly encourage the community to attend this forum to have their say and support the campaign better public transport and targeted road upgrades for our region,” said Mayor Regan.
Details for the forum are as follows:
Date: Wednesday 30 January
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Venue: Reef Lounge, Dee Why RSL Club, 932 Pittwater Road, Dee Why
The community are invited to register to attend by contacting the office of their local MP:
- The Hon. Brad Hazzard, Member for Wakehurst: P (02) 9981 1111 | F (02) 9981 5059 | Wakehurst@parliament.nsw.gov.au
- Mr Rob Stokes, Member for Pittwater: P (02) 9999 359 | F (02) 9999 0922 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Hon. Mike Baird, Member for Manly: P (02) 9976 2773 | F (02) 9976 2993 | email@example.com
- Mr Jonathan O’Dea, Member for Davidson: P 9880 7400 | F 9880 7488 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Hon. Jillian Skinner, Member for North Shore: P (02) 9909 2594 | F (02) 9909 2654 | email@example.com
Read more on the SHOROC transport priorities and practical package of measures to fix the transport woes of the Northern Beaches and Mosman:
- SHOROC councils push for transport action
- Public Transport and Roads
- SHOROC submission on Northern Beaches Bus Rapid Transit pre-feasibility report
- SHOROC submission on the draft NSW Long Term Transport Master Plan
View the Northern Beaches Bus Rapid Transit pre-feasibility study here
View the NSW Transport Master Plan here