Pittwater and Warringah Councils are urging local businesses to show off their green credentials in the sustainability category of the 2014 Northern Beaches Local Business Awards.
The award, sponsored by both councils, aims to raise the profile of sustainable business practices on the Northern Beaches and promote businesses that help make our area more liveable and healthy.
Businesses can improve sustainability with simple measures such as increase recycling, turning off equipment when not in use to lending bicycles to staff.
Businesses nominating for the sustainability award need to demonstrate the integration of sustainability practices to business planning, operations and marketing such as:
- Reduction of energy use, water use and waste sent to landfill
- Using environmentally friendly materials, supplier products and services
- Installation of environmentally friendly building systems, such as rainwater tanks, insulated walls
- Partnerships with community sectors
- Providing staff with family friendly conditions
- Using ethical business practices
- Providing staff and customers with sustainable transport options
Businesses have until Wednesday 12 June to nominate for the sustainability award and anyone can vote for a local business in 28 different categories. For more information or to vote, visit thebusinessawards.com
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 2 July at the annual awards ceremony held at Dee Why RSL Club.