The SHOROC region of Sydney’s Northern Beaches – from Bradleys Head to Barrenjoey – needs better public transport, roads and health services now and for the future.
Adopted in September 2010, the Shaping Our Future “major Infrastructure” strategy has been developed by Manly, Mosman, Pittwater and Warringah councils to address this need.
The strategy identifies the priorities are rapid buses, road upgrades and a new Hospital for the Northern Beaches region. It calls for investment from the state and commonwealth government now to fix our transport and health systems and enable our councils to ensure growth is sustainable in our region.
The key priorities are:
- Immediate construction of the level 5 Northern Beaches Hospital at Frenchs Forest while maintaining and upgrading Mona Vale Hospital in a long term complementary role.
- Constructing a Bus Rapid Transit system for fast reliable public transport from Mona Vale to the city and from Dee Why to Chatswood.
- Road upgrades for Warringah Road particularly the intersections with Wakehurst Parkway and Forest Way, for Mona Vale Road and for the Wakehurst Parkway.
Committments made from the NSW Government for this funding plus more detail can be found at:
- Public transport & roads – for more on the Bus Rapid Transit system and road upgrades
- Hospitals & health – for more on the Hospital at Frenchs Forest & retaining Mona Vale
- Read and/or download the Shaping Our Future strategy below.
- Read the summary of Shaping Our Future.
- Read recent media stories and find out more on the backgroundand why we need Shaping Our Future.
- Read the Spatial Analysis Report developed by independent consultants to inform Shaping Our Future
LET’S WORK TOGETHER TO SHAPE OUR TOMORROW
Show your support for the campaign for better buses, roads and health services for the Northern Beaches from Bradleys Head to Barrenjoey. There’s many ways you can show your support. Join the campaign now.
Find out more on Shaping Our Future
Shaping Our Future is the overarching integrated strategy for the SHOROC region – encompassing Manly, Mosman, Warringah and Pittwater councils. Find out more….
The SHOROC region needs better public transport, roads and health services now and for the future. The Shaping Our Future “major Infrastructure” strategy outlines the priorities for investment….
The Action Plan uutlining where the councils will work together on transport, energy, climate change, ecologically sustainable development, waste, water, biodiversity and skills and capacity building to create a more sustainable future….
A set of ‘Health of the Region’ indicators has been agreed for use by the councils and SHOROC that bring together key indicators on each of the overarching domains for the region….