An overview of the plans is available here. The upgrades are being planned in stages to improve safety and traffic efficiency. The projects include:
- Stage 1 – Intersection improvement of Mona Vale Road and Ponderosa Parade, Mona Vale – This work is currently being carried out.
- Stage 2 – Mona Vale Road East upgrade – Manor Road to Foley Street
- Stage 3 – Mona Vale Road West upgrade – McCarrs Creek Road to Powder Works Road
Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) has developed a preliminary concept design for both Mona Vale Road East and Mona Vale Road West and is seeking feedback until Friday 14 November 2014.
Three community information sessions are being held by RMS with the project team available to answer questions and receive feedback on the proposed road upgrades for Mona Vale Road East and West. A formal presentation will not be given, so please feel free to drop in at any time during the community information sessions:
- Thursday 23 October, 5-8pm, German International School (Multi-purpose room), 33 Myoora Road, Terrey Hills
- Saturday 25 October, 10am-2pm, Mona Vale Memorial Hall (Main Hall), 1606 Pittwater Road, Mona Vale
- Saturday 1 November, 9am-1pm, German International School (Multi-purpose room), 33 Myoora Road, Terrey Hills
The SHOROC councils have been calling for many years for Mona Vale Road to be upgraded to a divided dual-lane carriageway for its full length through to Mona Vale to improve safety and efficiency.
For further information on the projects and to view the community updates please use the links below:
- Mona Vale Road East upgrade
- Mona Vale Road East community update
- Mona Vale Road West upgrade
- Mona Vale Road West community update
You can also contact the project team on 1800 633 332 or firstname.lastname@example.org