Applications for this Panel have now closed. If you would like to be kept up to date when similar Panels are recruited in the future, subscribe to our eNews.
SHOROC, a partnership of Manly, Mosman, Pittwater and Warringah Councils, is seeking independent representatives for a panel of Conduct Reviewers on behalf of the member councils.
Pursuant to the Model Code of Conduct, each Council is required to establish a panel of Conduct Reviewers to inquire into alleged breaches of their Code by their Mayor, Councillors or General Manager. Matters referred to Conduct Reviewers may be handled by a Committee made up of at least three members, or by one member acting as a Sole Conduct Reviewer.
Each Council has its own Code of Conduct based on the Division of Local Government’s revised (2013) Model Code of Conduct for Councils in NSW.
SHOROC seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced independent representatives who would like to be considered for appointment as panel members.
The following terms and conditions apply:
1. To be eligible to be a member of a panel of conduct reviewers, a person must, at a minimum, have the following:
• an understanding of local government.
• a demonstrated experience in, and knowledge of, investigative processes including, but not limited to, procedural fairness requirements and the requirements of the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994.
• knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: law, investigations, public administration, public sector ethics, or alternative dispute resolution.
2. Current and previous Councillors are not eligible to apply.
3. Current and previous Council staff (SHOROC Councils) are not eligible to apply.
4. Applicants living, working, or owning property within the SHOROC Council areas, or having had dealings with any SHOROC Council or Councillors, must give due consideration to any potential conflicts of interest.
5. The term of appointment is for up to 4 years (at the discretion of each Council), and, in any event, until no later than 31 March 2017.
6. Remuneration is generally at the hourly rate of up to $240 (plus GST) and, in relation to Committee meetings, at the rate of $400 (incl. GST) per meeting.
• An expression of interest (1 page maximum) plus a current CV should be submitted.
• Short-listed applicants may be required to attend an interview.
• EOIs should be marked “EOI – Panel of Conduct Reviewers” and submitted by email to email@example.com or posted to SHOROC, PO Box 361, BROOKVALE, NSW 2100 by close of business, Friday 8 March 2013.
For further information contact Andrew Patterson on (02) 9942 2508.